Ok, here's the Oakland Focus endorsement list for Election Day, today. The difference between Oakland Focus and Oakland Tribune is that the Tribune just stamped in the council incumbents, whereas we think it's time for change in some districts.
- State Senate District 9: (Richmond and stretches south through Berkeley, Piedmont, Oakland and eastward to Castro Valley, Dublin, Livermore and the county line) This is termed-out Sen. Don Perata's district.
Democrat nomination: Wilma Chan.
- Assembly District 14: (Richmond, Berkeley and stretches eastward to Pleasant Hill, Lamorinda)
Democratic nomination: Tony Thurmond.
- Assembly District 18: (Dublin, portions of Pleasanton, Castro Valley, Hayward and Sa - Leandro)
Democratic nomination: Mary Hayashi (I).
- Alameda County Board of Supervisors, District 4: (East Oakland, Oakland Hills, Castro Valley, Ashland, Cherryland, Fairview and Dublin)
Nate Miley (I)
- Alameda County Board of Education
District 3: John Bernard;
District 2: Conchita Tucker
- Alameda County Superior Court Judge:
- Oakland City Council
District 1 Patrick McCullough (Time for a change here; he cleaned up District One)
District 3: Nancy Nadel (Has gotten better over time; give her another run)
District 5: Ignacio De La Fuente (He's the President of the Council and a deal maker with a deep understanding of the City.)
District 7: Larry Reid (Has really improved his district, the gateway of the Oakland Airport).
District-At-Large: Rebecca Kaplan (A fresh face, but not too fresh. She's known, liked, and effective)
- Oakland Unified School Board School Director
1: Brian Rogers
District 3: Jumoke Hinton Hodge
District 7: Alice Spearman
LOCAL BALLOT MEASURES
- Alameda Measure H: (A proposed $120 parcel tax to raise money for schools (Vote yes.) STATE BALLOT MEASURES:
- Propositio - 98: (Government Acquisition, Regulation of Private Property. Constitutional Amendment.) Vote no. - Proposition - 99: (Eminent Domain. Acquisition of Owner-Occupied Residence. Constitutional Amendment.) Vote no.
Tioki, The Mitch Kapor-Backed “Linkedin For Education,” Grows In Oakland - Tioki.com is not a virtual tiki bar. The Linkedin model is an undoutedly successful one, so would be just a matter of time before someone developed a sit...
31 minutes ago