Skip to main content

Pastino's Pasta & Pizza Gets Panned - "Worst Pasta I've Had in My Entire Life."

Wow. I've never personally been to Pastino's Pasta & Pizza, but I ran accross a blog where the writer said the restaurant on 4207 Park Blvd in Oakland, had "the worst pasta I've had in my entire life" in his words.

He goes on...

Bad pasta
The pasta that I had tonight at Pastino's in Oakland
was the worst pasta I've had in my entire life.

I am an old man. I have lived 300 years.
In all my 300 years, I've never even heard of pasta this bad.
And make no mistake -- I've heard of pasta that was bad.

For about 60 of those years I lived in Bangladesh where I was a reporter
at a local paper and -- I kid you not -- my "beat" was bad pasta places
and the pasta they made. Most of which wasn't
very good.

That was a difficult period in my life.

So here I am, all these years later thinking, "I'm a guy who's eaten a lot of bad pasta."

But as it turns out, those thin, flappy, granular strands of my discontent
were just appetizers. The first course in an extended meal
at the heart of which, I now discover, sits
tonight's fettucini bolognese.

Not good.

I'm about to go to sleep, and all I can think about
is the fact that some small part of this pasta will probably go on to become
my toe skin, or a ligament. A crumbly eyelash.

I have been cheapened by this pasta. I do not recommend you go to
Pastino's.


But as funny as it is to read, it's not funny when one sees all of the bad reviews it's gotten all over the web! Yikes! They'd better fix this and fast.

Comments

michael said…
this poor fellow should try the pizza at arizmendi's, if he really wants bad food...

Popular posts from this blog

Melissa Dettwiller-Rand Female Bodybuilding Legend, Is Battling Breast Cancer, Needs Our Help - Vlog

via IFTTT

Alex Castro, Electronic Arts VP, Is Oakland’s “Fake Joe Tuman”, “Crocker Mom”

Alex Castro, is currently Vice President Of Product Management At Electronic Arts, and a fairly-well-known and legendary tech executive, regularly quoted in a number of industry publications. But Alex Castro’s also an Oakland resident who has the terrible habit of going online, making traceble email accounts from his Electronic Arts office, and posing as someone […] from WordPress http://ift.tt/1fVkWP9 via IFTTT

Oakland / SF Bay Area Street & Hip Hop Slang Reference Dictionary

This gem of an entry comes from swtazzguy over at MySpace. It's very extensive and includes sayings I've not heard before. It's perfect for advertisers looking for ideas on how to reach the Hip Hop generation. It's also good lingo for politicians. Note that Oakland is called "City of Dope." 151- Stands for 151 Bacardi, which is the amount of proof in it, also pronouced One-Five-One 415 - 415 is the area code for San Francisco. It roughly describes the physical area of San Francisco City. 415 used to be the area code for the Bay Area, but is now broken into several area codes. 415 is also the name of a now defunked group out of Oakland, featuring Richi Rich. 6-9 Village - The 69th street projects in East Oakland (Longwood Gardens). 707 - North bay 850 - 850 Bryant, San Francisco is the address for the San Francisco County Jail. It stands omniously in SOMA, and can be seen from the freeway to the Bay Bridge. Many San Francisco rappers refer to this build...