Skip to main content

Ron Dellums Holds Town Hall Meeting On Crime - Rebron.Org Reports

This was at Rebron.org

This reporter and I were at this same meeting, a North Oakland Community meeting where this time Ron Dellums, our mayor spoke. I have some different takeaways from what she wrote, though top of mind for everybody at this meeting was how to control the violence in North Oakland. You’d think the easy answer is get more cops on the street but it’s not that easy. If it was easy, it’d be already done.
So violence was the main issue, the expansion of Children’s Hospital/zoning in general was the other top issue. I should be more concerned since several murders and shooting have happened within a one/two block radius of my house, but I know the neighborhood is getting better. I see it everyday.
What I did like hearing was what Ron Dellums had to say with Oakland as a model city. I think he’s right about the opportunity. There’s a lot of Oakland pride and there’s a lot to like about Oakland, people just see the violence in Oakland but don’t see the there there. People outside of Oakland don’t get it and that’s fine with me.
What I believe we’re going to get from Ron, is... visit Rebron.org for the rest of the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Melissa Dettwiller-Rand Female Bodybuilding Legend, Is Battling Breast Cancer, Needs Our Help - Vlog

via IFTTT

Alex Castro, Electronic Arts VP, Is Oakland’s “Fake Joe Tuman”, “Crocker Mom”

Alex Castro, is currently Vice President Of Product Management At Electronic Arts, and a fairly-well-known and legendary tech executive, regularly quoted in a number of industry publications. But Alex Castro’s also an Oakland resident who has the terrible habit of going online, making traceble email accounts from his Electronic Arts office, and posing as someone […] from WordPress http://ift.tt/1fVkWP9 via IFTTT

Oakland / SF Bay Area Street & Hip Hop Slang Reference Dictionary

This gem of an entry comes from swtazzguy over at MySpace. It's very extensive and includes sayings I've not heard before. It's perfect for advertisers looking for ideas on how to reach the Hip Hop generation. It's also good lingo for politicians. Note that Oakland is called "City of Dope." 151- Stands for 151 Bacardi, which is the amount of proof in it, also pronouced One-Five-One 415 - 415 is the area code for San Francisco. It roughly describes the physical area of San Francisco City. 415 used to be the area code for the Bay Area, but is now broken into several area codes. 415 is also the name of a now defunked group out of Oakland, featuring Richi Rich. 6-9 Village - The 69th street projects in East Oakland (Longwood Gardens). 707 - North bay 850 - 850 Bryant, San Francisco is the address for the San Francisco County Jail. It stands omniously in SOMA, and can be seen from the freeway to the Bay Bridge. Many San Francisco rappers refer to this build...