Skip to main content

How To Get More Women to Be Video Bloggers

There's an idea out there that there are more male than female video-bloggers and an anecdotal scan would seem to confirm that. My video explains how we can change that by encouraging women to vlog, and protecting them from harm and harrasment online to the extent that's possible.

Comments

Les Lester said…
Zennie, you're doing a wonderful job with your video blog. I'm going to begin one myself when I get more time.
Tish Grier said…
Hi Zennie,

Very interesting commentary on women and vlogging---I think I can add some perspective for you...

I've had lots of encouragement to vlog from both Steve Garfield and Tom Guarriello, and at first I thought my reluctance had to do with both time and techology...

I think I'm not alone when I say that it's not necessarily a fear of harassment inasmuch as it is a fear of judgement on appearance that keeps some women from vlogging. Not all women who may want to video blog look like iJustine. But the popularity of iJustine, and many other young female vloggers, conveys the perception that vlogging is mostly for the young, pretty girls, not necessarily for older, geeky-er types like myself. Even though we have much to say and can say it well.

I still have to test this hypothesis, but have found it to be true on some level with blogging as well. There's still a whole bunch of nasty sexism out there. And fighting it can be tiring.

Popular posts from this blog

Melissa Dettwiller-Rand Female Bodybuilding Legend, Is Battling Breast Cancer, Needs Our Help - Vlog

via IFTTT

Alex Castro, Electronic Arts VP, Is Oakland’s “Fake Joe Tuman”, “Crocker Mom”

Alex Castro, is currently Vice President Of Product Management At Electronic Arts, and a fairly-well-known and legendary tech executive, regularly quoted in a number of industry publications. But Alex Castro’s also an Oakland resident who has the terrible habit of going online, making traceble email accounts from his Electronic Arts office, and posing as someone […] from WordPress http://ift.tt/1fVkWP9 via IFTTT

Oakland / SF Bay Area Street & Hip Hop Slang Reference Dictionary

This gem of an entry comes from swtazzguy over at MySpace. It's very extensive and includes sayings I've not heard before. It's perfect for advertisers looking for ideas on how to reach the Hip Hop generation. It's also good lingo for politicians. Note that Oakland is called "City of Dope." 151- Stands for 151 Bacardi, which is the amount of proof in it, also pronouced One-Five-One 415 - 415 is the area code for San Francisco. It roughly describes the physical area of San Francisco City. 415 used to be the area code for the Bay Area, but is now broken into several area codes. 415 is also the name of a now defunked group out of Oakland, featuring Richi Rich. 6-9 Village - The 69th street projects in East Oakland (Longwood Gardens). 707 - North bay 850 - 850 Bryant, San Francisco is the address for the San Francisco County Jail. It stands omniously in SOMA, and can be seen from the freeway to the Bay Bridge. Many San Francisco rappers refer to this build...