Skip to main content

Peralta Chancellor Elihu Harris in hot water over contract with Lundquist

I just read - briefly - the matter of the $900,000 contract that was given to Mark Lundquist's firm for construction management. But I have to be really honest and get after the Tribune's Matt Krupnick and Thomas Peele for writing the article as if Harris was giving a contract to a friend, then benefiting from the contract himself.

I write that because the article states how Harris and Lundquist were involved in the ownership of a radio station, then wrote how much Lundquist made off the no-bid contract. Now, that I've written that, I'll explain this: anyone who can see knows that Mark and Elihu have known each other for years. But also it should have not been a "no-bid" contract and I think that's where Elihu screwed up. But to defend a man I worked for, I will write that Elihu works to hire good people and has little patience with job screw ups. He believed - I'm sure - that what he did was the right thing to do.

For those who may think Elihu's helping someone who's black, Mark's white. Moreover, Mark has very close friends who are black, and many people, including myself, know him and have for years.

Comments

Matt Krupnick said…
Zennie, perhaps you should take a more in-depth look at the story. From the third paragraph: "There is no evidence that Harris directly benefited, but legal and ethics experts found the potential for conflicts of interest deeply troubling."

The reason this is an issue is because the public needs to be able to judge for itself whether a public official is benefiting from such a deal. Without transparency, there's no way to make that judgment.
X-Wells said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
X-Wells said…
Matt, I actually believe that YOU are the one that needs to do more research. Six months and this is all you got? Four articles that state nothing that I could not have found on Google.Have you looked at the stats of the Peralta School District before he entered his job? If I am correct, he was increased registration, and programs significantly. His wages are his business. He is not making an amount of money that is unreasonable for his job. It was not a problem before, but since there is a recession, now you want to cry foul? Did you even research the Peralta Fund and see how many donations they have received under his leadership? Have you looked at the enrollment rates, and how many foreign students attend Laney alone? My other question to you is why is it a problem that his wife traveled with him? You do not know his medical history, you are ASSUMING. My point is YOU DO NOT KNOW. Your stories prove nothing, besides your ignorance. You attacked him and GLAZED OVER the board members that were guilty of excessive spending. Also, did the contract REALLY come from his office? I did my research, you do yours. How about you take a closer look at that? When you find out the truth, along with your public recant, you might want to send him an edible bouquet.

Popular posts from this blog

Melissa Dettwiller-Rand Female Bodybuilding Legend, Is Battling Breast Cancer, Needs Our Help - Vlog

via IFTTT

Alex Castro, Electronic Arts VP, Is Oakland’s “Fake Joe Tuman”, “Crocker Mom”

Alex Castro, is currently Vice President Of Product Management At Electronic Arts, and a fairly-well-known and legendary tech executive, regularly quoted in a number of industry publications. But Alex Castro’s also an Oakland resident who has the terrible habit of going online, making traceble email accounts from his Electronic Arts office, and posing as someone […] from WordPress http://ift.tt/1fVkWP9 via IFTTT

Oakland / SF Bay Area Street & Hip Hop Slang Reference Dictionary

This gem of an entry comes from swtazzguy over at MySpace. It's very extensive and includes sayings I've not heard before. It's perfect for advertisers looking for ideas on how to reach the Hip Hop generation. It's also good lingo for politicians. Note that Oakland is called "City of Dope." 151- Stands for 151 Bacardi, which is the amount of proof in it, also pronouced One-Five-One 415 - 415 is the area code for San Francisco. It roughly describes the physical area of San Francisco City. 415 used to be the area code for the Bay Area, but is now broken into several area codes. 415 is also the name of a now defunked group out of Oakland, featuring Richi Rich. 6-9 Village - The 69th street projects in East Oakland (Longwood Gardens). 707 - North bay 850 - 850 Bryant, San Francisco is the address for the San Francisco County Jail. It stands omniously in SOMA, and can be seen from the freeway to the Bay Bridge. Many San Francisco rappers refer to this build...