Skip to main content

Oakland City Council Race: Pat Kernighan Sends Hot Email About The Race

Councilmemer Pat Kernighan 
Just about an hour ago this blogger posted the news of Oakland City Council District Two  (Glenview, Chinatown) Candidate Jennifer Pae picking up a valuable endorsement in the form of Alameda County Supervisor Keith Carson.

In the blog post, I offered the view that perhaps the backing of Carson "may be the beginning of the end."

May.

Even with that, and with the overall tone of communicating that Pat was in a battle, I got this hot email from Councilmember Kernighan:


Zennie,

Perhaps you are jumping to conclusions about the "beginning of the end" for moi. Would you like to report the facts that I have the endorsements of Attorney General Jerry Brown, Supervisor-elect Wilma Chan, Supervisor Alice Lai-Bitker and Council President Jane Brunner, among others? Do you know that the leader of every NCPC and neighborhood group in my district supports me because I have worked hard every day for the past five years advocating for the needs of their neighborhoods and delivering results? While Ms. Pae was running around hustling endorsements this spring, I was working 60 hours a week doing the job I was elected to do. Why don't we let the voters decide.

Pat


As I wrote back to Councilmember Kernighan, that's a great point, I'll print that. And so I did.

But I remind her and everyone that I'm a blogger; thus I write my view of the World and in a media-and-Internet-friendly way. I'm not, nor do I wish to be, a journalist. However, I do insist on giving everyone running for office in Oakland their platform within this space. 

I have never refused anyone who has asked to be included here.

In closing, Pat's far from dead, but it's worth reminding her that she should not say she's not dead yet, because the last time that was said was by "The Black Knight" in Monty Python and The Holy Grail. And we know what happened there...




As stated, this is going to be interesting. Gotta like that Pat's fiesty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Melissa Dettwiller-Rand Female Bodybuilding Legend, Is Battling Breast Cancer, Needs Our Help - Vlog

via IFTTT

Alex Castro, Electronic Arts VP, Is Oakland’s “Fake Joe Tuman”, “Crocker Mom”

Alex Castro, is currently Vice President Of Product Management At Electronic Arts, and a fairly-well-known and legendary tech executive, regularly quoted in a number of industry publications. But Alex Castro’s also an Oakland resident who has the terrible habit of going online, making traceble email accounts from his Electronic Arts office, and posing as someone […] from WordPress http://ift.tt/1fVkWP9 via IFTTT

Oakland / SF Bay Area Street & Hip Hop Slang Reference Dictionary

This gem of an entry comes from swtazzguy over at MySpace. It's very extensive and includes sayings I've not heard before. It's perfect for advertisers looking for ideas on how to reach the Hip Hop generation. It's also good lingo for politicians. Note that Oakland is called "City of Dope." 151- Stands for 151 Bacardi, which is the amount of proof in it, also pronouced One-Five-One 415 - 415 is the area code for San Francisco. It roughly describes the physical area of San Francisco City. 415 used to be the area code for the Bay Area, but is now broken into several area codes. 415 is also the name of a now defunked group out of Oakland, featuring Richi Rich. 6-9 Village - The 69th street projects in East Oakland (Longwood Gardens). 707 - North bay 850 - 850 Bryant, San Francisco is the address for the San Francisco County Jail. It stands omniously in SOMA, and can be seen from the freeway to the Bay Bridge. Many San Francisco rappers refer to this build...