Skip to main content

April 15 2022 I Wrote How Oakland Coliseum JPA Can Use EIFD, Now They Want To Use It But Ignore Me - Oaknews

April 15 2022 I Wrote How Oakland Coliseum JPA Can Use EIFD, Now They Want To Use It But Ignore Me

April 15 2022 I Wrote How Oakland Coliseum JPA Can Use EIFD, Now They Want To Use The Idea But Ignore Me. This livesteam is a call for the Coliseum Joint Powers Authority to stop its behavior that favors white media and consultants and embrace what a black man does who has a business relationship with the Coliseum that goes back to 1993. The Oakland Coliseum is in trouble and needs help. It needs advocates and caretakers, not public officials who want to play Monopoly with it. On Thursday, I watched in horror as the Coliseum Board expressed a view of the Coliseum's future that was done out of fear more than anything. In the process of having a talk about the future of the Coliseum, the Oakland Coliseum Joint Powers Authority took the African American Sports and Entertainment Group out of what should have been its key role of developer of the future of the Oakland Coliseum. AASEG should be master developer, yet we have a set of elected officials I regard as friends, but are behaving as if they're secret agents on agendas that have little to do with a sound future for the Coliseum and everything to do with just wanting control. That approach has caused us to lose too much: the Warriors, Raiders, and now the Oakland A's - and lets not forget the Oakland Panthers. I came up with the idea of using Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District or EIDL legislation because it offered a provision for joint powers authorities like the Coliseum JPA to have its own tax increment financing zone. I wrote about the idea April 15, 2022, but gave broad brush strokes. I talked about the idea to a number of people, most notably one elected official. We had a private ZOOM meeting four months ago and set up by that person, but I did not know what it was about until it started. It was about the idea of using Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District or EIDL legislation, or my idea, for the Coliseum. I was allowed to open the discussion. But what I discovered was that certain attendees with ties to the JPA had already started working on my idea, but with a white consultant under the view that the "white man's ice is colder". After I talked briefly, one of the attendees gave a longer talk and presented a I project spreadsheet done with the help of the white consulting firm - and it had a ton of errors. I noticed the errors and since I already believed I was being sandbagged, I felt I should go ahead and pick them out. To make a long story short, one of the officials started yelling at me in a wild and shocking way for talking too much - even though I had said nothing more than asking if I could make a point. The other developer attendee talked for four times longer than I did. You would have to see it to believe it. I was talked to as if I were a junkyard dog. The overall question is why is the Coliseum JPA so fearful of having someone involved who actually has a track record of taking actions that have helped give it good press, most notably the Super Bowl XXXIX Bid from 1999-2001. The City of Oakland did not believe I could do that, and I got Oakland to the finals, only we lost to Jacksonville. And then, in 2001, Robert Bobb, then Oakland's City Manager, asked me to apply for the job of Coliseum Executive Director. I sent a 25-page application response, fueled by what I learned about the facility while heading Oakland's Super Bowl Bid. For my effort, then Alameda County Supervisor Scott Haggerty said thanks for me giving them free ideas. Yeah, he was mocking me. The Coliseum Complex needs advocates who see its true value as a key element in Oakland's Meetings, Incentives, Convention, and Entertainment Industry. And at a time when the "Global MICE Industry size & share revenue was valued at approximately USD 645.7 Billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 860.1 Billion in 2023 and is expected to reach around USD 1620.7 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 18.2% between 2023 and 2032," according to Custom Market Insights. That means Oakland is threatening to erase its best MICE Industry weapon at a time of great growth in MICE in America and the World. Incentives includes sports and tourism, and Oakland destroyed its once lofty place in America. We have to get it back. The Coliseum JPA should stop avoiding working with me or hiring me for a job for which I am uniquely qualified: establishing the EIFD and organization around it.
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68N4V31K5PQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alex Castro, Electronic Arts VP, Is Oakland’s “Fake Joe Tuman”, “Crocker Mom”

Alex Castro, is currently Vice President Of Product Management At Electronic Arts, and a fairly-well-known and legendary tech executive, regularly quoted in a number of industry publications. But Alex Castro’s also an Oakland resident who has the terrible habit of going online, making traceble email accounts from his Electronic Arts office, and posing as someone […] from WordPress http://ift.tt/1fVkWP9 via IFTTT

Event: Jog For Jill San Francisco Run September 12th Golden Gate Park

Cal Women's Rowing Team member Jill Costello passed away from complications due to lung cancer on June 24th 2010 and at the age of 21. A San Francisco event and run called Jog For Jill has been established and will be held this Sunday, September 12th at 5 PM. Two members of the Cal Women's Crew team were at the Cal vs. Davis football game wearing Jog For Jill shirts, and were kind enough to provide the video interview above. Below are the other details from the event website, where you're encouraged to pre-register here CLICK FOR SITE : Pre-Registration: Online/$25 Day of Registration: 4:00 p.m./$30 Shotgun Start: 5:00 p.m. After run/walk celebration: 6:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m. Event Location: Golden Gate Park Music Concourse Bandshell S Tea Garden Drive San Francisco, California 94118 Participants are encouraged to pre-register. Only pre-registered participants will be guaranteed a walk/run T-shirt. T-shirts will be limited to the first 2500 day of regis

Oakland Mayor's Race: LWV Forum Draws Oakland's Older Folks

Oakland Mayor's Race Forum first take. (Which means, there's going to be more of these posts on last night, because a lot was happening.) This just in: The Oakland Tribune's out of touch with Oakland. A number of attendees of the 450 estimated said they learned of the Oakland League Of Women Voters via "the newspaper." All of the people who made that statement were over 50 years old. Still, the forum, which attracted every candidate except Dr. Terrance Candell, was a success. The auditorium at 300 Lakeside Drive seats 380 people, so if you do the math, it was about 70 over capacity. The crowd was a happy mix of supporters of candidates and long-time observers of the Oakland political scene. The one complaint they had was there wasn't enough time to hear what the candidates were about. That wasn't because there were too many candidates, but due to the format. Either Oakland Tribune Editor Martin Reynolds or the League of Women Voter