Skip to main content

NBC's Brodie Brazil Always Copies Zennie Abraham's Oakland Coliseum Vlog Titles

NBC's Brodie Brazil Always Copies Zennie Abraham's Oakland Coliseum Vlog Titles
NBC's Brodie Brazil Always Copies Zennie Abraham's Oakland Coliseum Vlog Titles Well, here we go again with NBC Sports Oakland A's Broadcaster Brodie Brazil once again using one of my Zennie62 YouTube vlog titles as the basis for a vlog for his YouTube channel. Take a look at the date of his, which was done Thursday, and mine was formed and planned for December 4th. Even though I did not yet do the livestream, it and its thumnail come up in YouTube search for topics he regularly rifs on related to the Oakland Coliseum. The number of times he's done this is too numerous to recount. I generally have ignored it and looked at it as the old saying “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”. But this time, I decided to weight in on what he was doing. I have nothing against Brodie and never met him, but this practice is rather uncomfortable. Others, like ABC's Casey Pratt, don't do it, so why does Brazil? The trouble is, NBC's Brodie Brazil can't in this universe or the next come close to actually copying my style, and simply because it's based on my economic development training both at Berkeley and with the City of Oakland, and then running my own consulting business, then working as Montclarion Columnist from 1993 to 1996, then Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris' Economic Advisor from 1995 to 1999, and then from 1999 to 2001 as City of Oakland Consultant, and Executive Director of The Oakland Alameda County Sports Commission, then CEO of Sports Business Simultions (where I made my Oakland Baseball Simworld and XFL Simworld, using something called Forio Macro Language and system dynamics), then my pioneer Oakland blogs and the City's first YouTube Partner Channel, and now Zennie62Media, Inc. Brodie can't copy that, and because he doesn't reach out to me and is the latest in a long-line of Bay Area media types who don't, but do copy what I say or even reach out to me for background, but don't dare mention my name on their airwaves. And the fact is that if I were white, the story would be different. In other words, I'd be on their programs and mentioned regularly, and they know it. It shows you how special a man the late Montclarion Editor Chris Treadway was to allow me to have a column called “Oakland's Economy” and then just “Zennie Abraham” from 1993 to 1996. And I did that after my experience on The Alameda Base Reuse Committee from 1992 to 1993, and my time as economic development intern with the City of Oakland. Chris treated me as what I was: an expert on economic development and how it's done, rightly or wrongly, in Oakland. The reason I wound up in media was because of the development of internet-based communications tools. I started Oakland's first blogs (Oakland Focus and Zennie's Zeitgeist)I after then-Oakland Mayor Jerry Brown fired me because I accused him of being racist in an email to my Oakland-Alameda County Sports Commission. Then Oakland City Attorney and friend to this day John Russo told me I had a right to sue the City of Oakland because of what Jerry Brown did. On top of that then-SF Chronicle Columnist Chip Johnson wrote about Jerry firing me as if it was funny, and even though he's black, failed to note that Brown's actions were retaliatory, which is against California law. But, Chip Johnson unknowingly laid out the evidence, and it would not surprise me if the SF Chronicle deleted it from its website. Fortunately, the Oakland Tribune had the story too, and got it right. I put out a press release saying that I quit the City of Oakland because Jerry fired me. And the reason for my email to my board that started the whole thing, was I had discovered that Jerry and then-Oakland City Council President and Coliseum Joint Powers Authority Chair had meetings with the Oakland Business Community about the Super Bowl Sponsorship Plan I created from scratch. It focused on an effort to allow an NFL-approved company to buy the East Side of the Coliseum for the Super Bowl in Oakland for $30 million. NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue loved the idea, and told that to Jerry as the then-Mayor of Oakland walked into my NFL Super Bowl Oakland meeting on May 10th 2000 at NFL Headquarters in New York City almost 20 minutes late. And before that meeting, Jerry was upset that I projected to make $200 million in naming rights fees for the Coliseum, asking “What are you going to do with that money. You should give it to the school district”? I that the sports commission needed $22 million of it for the Super Bowl Bid work, in particular, building the 12,414 temporary seats that would allow us to meet a capacity level of north of 72,000. (Then, NFL Super Bowl Point Person Jim Steeg said my plan was the most expensive in NFL History at the time.) Continued at ZennieReport.com, here: https://ift.tt/Aseb4MS

via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8kjrFK7_1A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alex Castro, Electronic Arts VP, Is Oakland’s “Fake Joe Tuman”, “Crocker Mom”

Alex Castro, is currently Vice President Of Product Management At Electronic Arts, and a fairly-well-known and legendary tech executive, regularly quoted in a number of industry publications. But Alex Castro’s also an Oakland resident who has the terrible habit of going online, making traceble email accounts from his Electronic Arts office, and posing as someone […] from WordPress http://ift.tt/1fVkWP9 via IFTTT

Event: Jog For Jill San Francisco Run September 12th Golden Gate Park

Cal Women's Rowing Team member Jill Costello passed away from complications due to lung cancer on June 24th 2010 and at the age of 21. A San Francisco event and run called Jog For Jill has been established and will be held this Sunday, September 12th at 5 PM. Two members of the Cal Women's Crew team were at the Cal vs. Davis football game wearing Jog For Jill shirts, and were kind enough to provide the video interview above. Below are the other details from the event website, where you're encouraged to pre-register here CLICK FOR SITE : Pre-Registration: Online/$25 Day of Registration: 4:00 p.m./$30 Shotgun Start: 5:00 p.m. After run/walk celebration: 6:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m. Event Location: Golden Gate Park Music Concourse Bandshell S Tea Garden Drive San Francisco, California 94118 Participants are encouraged to pre-register. Only pre-registered participants will be guaranteed a walk/run T-shirt. T-shirts will be limited to the first 2500 day of regis

Oakland Mayor's Race: LWV Forum Draws Oakland's Older Folks

Oakland Mayor's Race Forum first take. (Which means, there's going to be more of these posts on last night, because a lot was happening.) This just in: The Oakland Tribune's out of touch with Oakland. A number of attendees of the 450 estimated said they learned of the Oakland League Of Women Voters via "the newspaper." All of the people who made that statement were over 50 years old. Still, the forum, which attracted every candidate except Dr. Terrance Candell, was a success. The auditorium at 300 Lakeside Drive seats 380 people, so if you do the math, it was about 70 over capacity. The crowd was a happy mix of supporters of candidates and long-time observers of the Oakland political scene. The one complaint they had was there wasn't enough time to hear what the candidates were about. That wasn't because there were too many candidates, but due to the format. Either Oakland Tribune Editor Martin Reynolds or the League of Women Voter